Innovation Ohio is proud to share our 2023 Elections Hub with Ohio voters. You’ll find information about what is on your ballot and how you can vote in the November 7th General Election.
Innovation Ohio hosts a weekly communications call with progressive partners across the state.
From abortion rights to redistricting, from the federal level down to the most local elected official, our democracy is under threat from MAGA extremists. Empowering and educating voters to make informed decisions at the voting booth is more important than ever.
Innovation Ohio is proud to share our 2022 Elections Hub with candidates and voters alike. For voters, you’ll find information on the candidates and issues you’ll see on your ballot this year. For candidates, you’ll find our most recent polling and analysis to help guide your campaign.
Right now, extremist Republican politicians are using lies about Critical Race Theory to ban schools from teaching an honest, accurate history.
Two Ohio bills (HB 327 and HB 322) could ban teachers from discussing racism, sexism, prejudice, gender studies, and other so-called “divisive concepts.” Even in college.
Similar laws in other states are being used to ban books and remove important historical figures from required curriculum.
These curriculum bans are being pushed by national extremist groups. Their goal is to white-wash history and erode faith in our public schools.
We demand an honest, accurate, diverse education for Ohio kids. Stop HB 327 and HB 322. Keep politicians out of our classrooms.
- Sign up for updates from the Honesty For Ohio Education Coalition.
- Sign up for updates from Innovation Ohio.
- Upcoming Events
- We now offer an advocacy training to help Ohioans fight back against bills that would ban honest, accurate, diverse curriculum from our classrooms.
- Do you know a group interested in hosting one of these free, virtual trainings? Email us! Info@InnovationOhio.org
Contact these Ohio legislators
Tell them to keep politicians out of our classrooms— kill HB 327 and HB 322.
House State & Local Government Committee Chair Scott Wiggam:
- Twitter: @Scott_Wiggam
House Speaker Bob Cupp:
- Twitter: @SpeakerCupp
Senate President Matt Huffman:
- Twitter: @MattHuffman1
- What Is Critical Race Theory, and Why Is It Under Attack?
- Stephen Sawchuk, Associate Editor for Education Week
- Explainer: What ‘critical race theory’ means and why it’s igniting debate
- Gabriella Borter, Reuters
- Critical Race Theory — FAQ
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- What is critical race theory? Explaining the discipline that Texas’ governor wants to “abolish”
- Isabella Zou, Texas Tribune
- The fake news sites pushing Republicans’ critical race theory scare
- Adam Gabbatt, The Guardian
- Texas Senate Votes to Remove Required Lessons on Civil Rights
- Paul Stinson, Bloomberg
- Why Everyone Is Wrong About Critical Race Theory In Schools
- Michael Harriot, Former economics professor and contributor at The Root
- A Lesson on Critical Race Theory
- American Bar Association
- Harvards’ “The Bridge”: Critical Race Theory
- Juneteenth is now a federal holiday. This year’s celebrations come amid a culture war.
- Mabinty Quarshie, USA TODAY
- Juneteenth Is Officially A National Holiday. Just Don’t Talk About The Legacy Of Slavery.
- Tasneem Nashrulla, BuzzFeed News
Ohio voters have big choices to make on November 3. In addition to choosing a President, this fall, Ohioans will elect two members of the state Supreme Court, 99 state representatives and 16 state senators, as well as countless local officeholders. As you begin to do your homework, we created this guide to what’s on the ballot across the state to help inform your research into candidates and issues you are likely to see as you head to the polls on November 3.
Paid family and medical leave is guaranteed time off work without losing your job or paycheck for families who are welcoming a new child, providing care for a loved one with a long-term medical situation, or to get care and time to recover for a personal medical situation.
The US is the only industrialized nation that has no federal paid leave policy. That means 1 in 4 women go back to work less than 2 weeks after giving birth. Here in Ohio, a staggering 62 percent of working people cannot even qualify for unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to take care of their families. Moreover, the cost and responsibility of supporting families fall disproportionately on those who can least afford it: women, people of color, and low-wage working people.
Do you have a story about a time when you needed paid leave? Or a story about how having paid leave would make a difference in your life? Share your experience on the Ohio Women’s Public Policy Network’s website.
It is past time our public policy matched what today’s working families really need. Join us to win quality paid family and medical leave for everyone.
Do you have a story about a time when paid leave helped you? Or a story about how paid leave would change your life? Share your story on the Ohio Women’s Public Policy Network’s website.
In 2020, our nation will undergo a complete count of its population and next year this count will determine political representation for the next decade. The complete and accurate count in the 2020 Census ensures these districts are accurate and reflect the population that lives within the boundary lines. Innovation Ohio wants to ensure that everyone has access to our democracy and that our democracy is responsive to the concerns of its citizens.