AT THE STATEHOUSE: BUDGET VOTESLast week, a House committee adopted a long list of amendments to the two-year state budget, modifying the Governor’s plan in several ways:
- eliminates Kasich’s tax policy changes
- adds funding to combat the addiction crisis
- generates new Lottery revenue at the racetracks
IN COMMITTEEKey activities happening elsewhere at the Statehouse:
- Tomorrow, the Senate Judiciary Committee holds its third hearing on SB4, a bill to allow victims of human trafficking to have their criminal charges expunged.
- On Wednesday, the House Health Committee will hold a second hearing on HB149, a proposal to strengthen laws against “abortion remains trafficking,” something even the bill sponsors admit has never been proven to occur.
- Also happening: on Tuesday at 11am, charter school proponents will rally on the Statehouse lawn; on Wednesday at 1pm, pro-choice advocates will hold a press conference on the Statehouse steps.