Issue 2 will appear on the November 7, 2023 ballot. It will ask voters to approve “An Act to Control and Regulate Adult Use Cannabis” statute to the Ohio Revised Code.
A Yes Vote on Issue 2:
- Legalizes and regulates the cultivation, manufacturing, testing, and sale of marijuana and marijuana products to adults ages 21 and up.
- Legalizes home grow for adults ages 21 and up with a limit of six plants per person and 12 plans per residence.
- Allows landlords or an employer to have the authority to prohibit the adult use of cannabis in certain circumstances, and prohibit the operation of a motor vehicle while using or under the influence of adult use cannabis and from using any other combustible adult use cannabis while a passenger in a motor vehicle.
A No Vote On Issue 2:
- Keeps Ohio law the same by only allowing medical use for marijuana.
- Upholds current laws regarding recreational marijuana which could result in misdemeanor or felony charges. Up to 8 years in prison and/or $15,000 fine.