Ohio scores a D on the Giffords’ Law Center Scorecard of State Gun Laws.
Below is an overview of some common-sense reforms to reduce gun violence, with an indication what’s in place in Ohio law.
Resources for Reform:
The following links provide more detail on laws on the books in Ohio, bills currently pending in the legislature that would improve our laws, and a fact sheet you can print or share electronically with your members or fellow activists.
- Take Action: Tell Your Lawmaker To Oppose Stand Your Ground
- Take Action: Tell Your State Lawmaker: Support Gun Reform Proposals
- Current Gun Laws in Ohio: Quick Reference Guide
- Pending Gun Reform Bills In The Ohio Legislature
- Fact Sheet for Activists – print copies to hand out at your group’s next meeting