The Ohio House Finance Committee proposed a major overhaul of Gov. Kasich’s two-year budget that preserves tax cuts for those at the top without a way to pay for them and includes new threats to labor, the poor and local communities.
- SB5 Revisited? Several provisions limit workers’ rights to collectively bargain and punish workers who seek that right.
- In: Tax cut that favors those at the top. Out: Tax relief for working- and middle-class families.
- Mixed Bag for Schools: Adds funding for school districts, but expands voucher programs that sends public funding to private schools.
- Targets the Poor: Opens the door to stiffer work requirements for public assistance, regardless of whether work is available.
- Impacts Communities: Phases out vital revenue for communities, punishes cities over traffic cameras and privatizes county jails.
Download our briefings on House changes to the Kasich budget.